Review | FOREO LUNA for combination skin

Review | FOREO LUNA for combination skin

Ever since the Clarisonic & co were unleashed upon the world, half of beauty land started using a face brush to cleanse their skin. But I didn’t. Until recently that is, because a few weeks ago I started using the brand new LUNA from FOREO. Never heard of it? Just wait, because I’m sure it won’t be long until this beauty tool conquers the world just like the Clarisonic did a while ago. Let’s have a closer look together.

Review (FOREO LUNA) (1)


Review (FOREO LUNA) (2)


FOREO’s LUNA is a new generation face ‘brush’ that uses T-Sonic pulsations to deeply yet at the same time gently cleanse the skin. Unlike many face brushes the LUNA doesn’t have bristles but instead it has smooth rounded silicon touch points, and that makes it softer and more gentle on the skin. It also makes the LUNA more hygienic and easier to clean than traditional face brushes. The LUNA is waterproof so you can just rinse it off or hold it under water. The transdermal pulsations of the device remove dirt, oil and make-up from the surface of the skin and from the pores, with perfectly cleansed skin as a result. They also remove dead skin cells for smoother and softer skin. And there is more, because the LUNA does not only have a cleansing function but also an anti-aging function. By using the back of the device and by using a lower frequency pulsation, the LUNA can diminish fine lines and wrinkles by relaxing the muscles and promoting cell renewal. So in a nutshell the product promises instantly deeply cleansed skin, and visibly clearer, healthier and smoother-looking skin in the long run. Not bad, huh?

Review (FOREO LUNA) (3)
So how do you use this strange little device? Easy. To cleanse your skin in the morning and in the evening you use the side with the rounded touch points. You use it for two minutes together with your regular face cleanser. So that could be a cleansing milk, a face wash or whatever you normally use. During those two minutes you gently move the LUNA up and down and from side to side, all over your face. You can adjust the frequency of the pulsations with the plus and minus buttons on the device. You can recharge the LUNA with the charger that comes with it and after a full recharge you should be good for up to 450 cleansing sessions. So you’re not stuck to a wire and you can walk around while cleansing, neat. To use the anti-aging function you use the back of the LUNA and a lower frequency pulsation. You should treat every part of your face for about 12 seconds, and just enjoy and relax.

Review (FOREO LUNA) (5)


I initially didn’t like the idea of having to cleanse my face for two whole minutes every morning and evening (booooring) but the LUNA actually feels so pleasant on my skin that now I look forward to it. The gentle movements and the pulsations have a very relaxing effect and before you know it those two minutes are up. And the anti-aging function has a really soothing effect on me as well. I often just hop in the couch with my LUNA and take my time to treat every part of my face. You can compare it to a do-it-yourself face massage. And boy, do I love massages!

Review (FOREO LUNA) (4)

And the results? I can confirm that the LUNA does a great job at cleansing my skin. I have (or had, rather) a lot of acne lately but ever since I started using the LUNA it’s been a lot better. I did have to go through a nasty purge phase with whiteheads showing up everywhere, but once I got through that my skin looked a lot better. I can’t really judge the long-term effects or the anti-aging effect of the LUNA yet, but so far I am very happy with my new toy and I will definitely continue to use it. I am officially following the face brush trend now, woohoo!
The LUNA is available on the FOREO website and costs 199$. FOREO ships worldwide. I have the version for combination skin, but there is also one for sensitive to normal skin and one for ultra-sensitive skin.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Post a Comment

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Powered by Blogger.

Blogroll